Out-of-hours emergency vet services
We are proud to offer out-of-hours emergency vet care to our registered clients.
For urgent but not quite emergency cases, we have an open surgery between 8 and 9am in Dorchester on weekdays, and a surgery by appointment Sunday mornings 10 until 12.
In case of emergency, call 01305 267083
- bleeding which has not stopped after 4 minutes of constant pressure
- a suddenly-swollen abdomen
- extended labour (less than 2 hours of unproductive straining)
- male cats unable to pass ANY urine
- non-productive attempts to vomit
- road traffic accidents
- difficulty breathing, blue gums or tongue
- eye injury
- ingestion of chocolate, slug bait, rat poison, human medicines, especially paracetamol for cats, ibuprofen for dogs.
- cat bites and most dog bites
- vomiting and diarrhoea for less than 24 hours
- small wounds with little bleeding
- cancelling/changing appointments
- long-term problems
- difficulty rising due to arthritis that has been present for some time